Thursday, April 30, 2015

Fairbourne University

My family and I have done a lot new things, like moving to Kenya for instance. We are all about trying and doing new things. That is why after a year of international school we decided to try homeschool.

After a lot of thinking and researching, we decided that homeschool would benefit us much more than any school in Kenya could. Any good school in Mombasa is most likely on a British system and we are not very familiar with the British system so the scores they gave us on tests really meant nothing because we couldn’t understand what was good or bad.  In homeschool we can specialize and do things we love to do and we can trash the things that don’t really matter. We can also go at our own pace and complete things we know fast and spend more time on things we don’t understand. The best part of homeschool is that we are saving a lot of money, because school is expensive here. With all of the money we are saving we can travel the world and learn and experience new and amazing things.

Every morning we wake up and exercise. It is either a long distance run, surfing, or playing tennis. After an hour of that we eat breakfast and go to my dad’s office where we usually do Math, English and Science. We go home for lunch and usually work from home the rest of the day. I have decided to learn how to play the guitar so after lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday I am at guitar lessons. Then we read for an hour and two days a week we have swahili lessons. The rest of the day we do anything that needs go be done like business lessons, science projects, history or extra credit.  Then we are done with the day.

Homeschool is awesome, and I can tell it is really benefiting me. I have already passed 6th grade math and I’m moving on to 7th grade before the end of the year which is awesome. I love that we are able to learn about a new country and visit it, this year we are going to China! I would highly recommend homeschool to any kids who are self-motivated and smart. It gets more exciting each day!

1 comment:

  1. Your parents know just what you need.and have fun doing it.

    ReplyDelete