Wednesday, August 26, 2015

My Grandma By Everett Fairbourne


As you may know my grandma Chriss Pope has recently passed away, and the sad thing is, is that she was really loved as a grandma, mother, wife and friend. However, we are all staying positive because we all know she is in a better place now. Being in her presence was nice to me. Family parties will not be the same without her.  One Christmas, I promised her I would giver a hug every day. I did that as a Christmas present, because obviously I had no money, except the 50$ she just gave me for my present. I kept my promise for about half a year until I moved and we became more distant. I learned that you can never really get enough hugs. One time at our family camping trip to Yellowstone she came from all the way from her mission to spend time with us, she gave all the little kids vests and told us we were the deputies and she made me the sheriff.  She was my boss and supplier, it was fun spending time with her. She was funny and great grandma, and I was lucky to have her as my grandma. She will be missed but never forgotten.                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment