Sunday, January 25, 2015

"The Food Challenge" by: Porter S. Fairbourne


              
             The story that follows is grossly very true.

         
             It was just like any other afternoon until Adam and I brought up the cinnamon challenge! Of course Alta overheard me and Adam and she said, “I bet I could do the cinnamon challenge easy.” Adam smirked, “ok then let’s see you do it.” She then went to the kitchen and got a ladle full of the stuff. I knew she would spit it out. I took my phone out to take video to film her failing. She lifted the spoon to her mouth. Then she took one deep breath and tipped the cinnamon into her mouth. Just one second of it being in her mouth she immediately spit it out in a big ball of cinnamon smoke. Alta screamed running to the sink trying to get the dry burning sensation out of her mouth. After a few minutes of Alta panicking she calmed down. She though that she successfully completed the cinnamon challenge. She then felt brave and said, “I will eat anything you guys give me and I mean anything” That was a mistake she came to regret.

            Adam exclaimed, “We should have a competition, to see who can make Alta barf first.” So we all got a cup and put the grossest stuff in the fridge we could find.   After we were done, we all put down our cups on the table thinking surely this will make her puke. I insisted that she drinks mine first. Alta, who was blind folded, took one swig and she didn’t even spit it out! ……Mine failed. Then Everett’s mixture was up next. Alta took a sip and spit it out gagging, but no barf. Then Adam’s, hopefully this would do the trick Alta took a sip then she SCREAMED! “HOT! HOT! SPICY! SPICY! Give me milk! ”  I ran to the fridge and got her milk she started to chug it until she screamed even louder, “rotten!” (One of the joys of living in Kenya you get rotten milk every once in a while) .She then gave up on the milk idea and got her self some water, but still no barf.

        Lucky for us though, Alta said she would let us have another shot. This time we were sure to make her barf.I felt like I was making a potion as I mixed the raw egg with the spoiled mayonnaise. As I stirred fine assortment of spicy sauces in I caught a whiff of my drink, and I almost through up my whole dinner! Mine was first up for the tasting. This time around she started gagging on the verge of puking but still no barf. Next up was Adam’s excellent work. Alta took a taste and she gagged for a little bit but didn’t barf. All of that gagging almost made me blow chunks. Then I handed Everett’s cup of goo to Alta. She lifted the stringy bubbly drink to her mouth and she gagged and gagged. Seeing her take that horrendous drink to her lips just did it for me I rushed to the bathroom to blow chunks. Alta didn’t barf until she asked for water and Adam handed her the same disgusting drink .She took one big swallow and she upchucked her entire Sunday dinner. Everett saw Alta puke and grabbed a cereal bowl and ralfed. Adam’s weak gag reflex got to him. He ran to the nearest bathroom and hurled over the toilet. And after he was done he ran to my room to tell me what happened only to see me blowing chunks. His weak gag reflex kicked in again and he rushed to Alta’s bathroom and hurled for the second time.   There was vomit everywhere, you could say; it was an old fashioned barforama!
 I guess Everett’s mixture of a raw egg, mustard, chocolate syrup, expired yogurt, and hot sauce really did the trick for all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment