Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Question I'm Allways Asked


By Alta Fairbourne
At school, as you all know, my brothers and I are the only member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) in my whole school!  It can be really difficult because that leaves everyone with different beliefs. It's really hard sometimes to ignore all the swearing. Everyone is always asking me what I  believe; sometimes it can be hard to answer them.  Just lately my best friend Tasha was talking about how she is scared of dying because she says she just will be nothing forever. Right when she said that I asked her, " really? you think your spirit will disappear?  I believe that when you die your spirit travels back to the spirit world and once Jesus visits the earth we will all be resurrected and return to our bodies, but our bodies will be perfect again." I could tell she thought I was crazy, and all she would say was, "cool". This other time we were traveling to Nairobi for Hockey and it was in the morning and Tasha offered me some tea for breakfast and I told her sorry I don't drink tea, and she asked why not. I told I wanted to keep the present God gave me clean and healthy and I wanted to keep my body like a Temple. She accepted that and never offered me tea again. This is why I love living somewhere else and experiencing a new culture and meet lots of kids from all over the world who all believe different things and I love being a missionary and telling people about my beliefs.

3 comments:

  1. Alta, I love how easily you are able to answer tricky questions about your faith. You are an awesome missionary. Proud of you for do the things that are right, and knowing WHY you do them. You're a great example to all of us. We miss your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your testimony Alta! You give me strength to be a better missionary. You are a great example to us all. Keep being a believer and follower of Him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to memorize the articles of faith so you'll be ready to bust them out - your awesome Alta

    ReplyDelete