Saturday, July 13, 2013

Our Happy Home On The Hill

Hi, my name is Alta Christine Fairbourne me and my family are leaving our home in Hobble Creek Canyon to start a new adventure in Africa, Kenya . We all are going to miss our home so much we built it in 2006, we lived in it till 2013 (seven years) .



In our backyard we had a slackline that we loved to be on. I remember when we put one up at my grandmas house across her pond , when my cousin Christian went on it, he fell he landed on the slackline on his belly and then fell in the water .


 We also had a tramp in our backyard that is where me and my brothers would play and make movies and sometimes we even slept there. I remember when my little brother Everett was on top the logs by our tramp and he was going to jump off of them , he started to run so he could go farther but before
he jumped he slipped and fell of the logs on the ground and jabbed his side into a rock. It was not bleeding but his shirt was ripped. It scared me so much cause he was crying bloody murder. By our tramp was a small tree house that we bought when we moved in I don't remember much about that tree house but what I do remember is that when I took off the slide and brought it inside and then my dad put it up again but this time in our climbing room . In our climbing room well there was a rock climbing wall were we all made our own routes to climb on. I remember me being the best at it but that's what I remember . Above the rock climbing wall were screws and on those screws dangled two pull-up bars and  me and my brothers used them as swings we would put our legs in them and twirl in a circle. Above the climbing room was the main level where the kitchen was and where the living room was and my parents room. I remember the cold dark nights of winter when we would huddle bye the fire and say family prayers before we went to bed , whenever you were in our house you would feel peace and happiness . Every Sunday our family would come up to our house for dinner we all would call it Sunday dinner which is mashed potatoes, gravy, meat, broccoli, corn, fruit, salad, green beans, and sometimes we would have chicken instead of meat if my dad was out of town. I remember when great grandpa would be there and he all ways smiled and never complained. I remember great grandma listening to the conversations and didn't know what they were talking about , it was the perfect place for dinner and everyone enjoyed coming . Upstairs is where my room was and my brothers rooms were. There was a deck up there also we would always sleep there we would make a bed out there and sleep there for like a week in a row. I remember the nights when it started to rain and as a team we would take all of the wet blankets and pads inside to dry. Some people say, "well why are you moving away from this beautiful home with all your memories inside?" Well I say I don't know why but its going to be a fun adventure even if we don't find a home as good as this one . Leaving our happy home on the hill is really hard for me but I am going to have to put it aside and look on the bright side WERE MOVING TO AFRICA BABY! I love this home so dearly my final words are good bye home


written by : Alta Christine Fairbourne

1 comment:

  1. Alta that house was a home that made many people happy because of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete