Monday, August 19, 2013

My Church in Africa


The church sign on the gate.
On Sunday we went to church in Kenya for the first time.  So on the way there we got a little lost.  We turned on this dirt road with little houses on it and goats. We all said, "I don't think this is the road," but then we passed a sign.  So we backed up and that was the church. It didn't even look close to a church in Utah.  It was very little.   It had a flat roof and there was no grass. But when we pulled in I could already feel the Holy Ghost strong. Then we went in, we were a little late so we were in the back which was not that far from the front.  You couldn't really hear them. They talked really quite.  When sacrament meeting was over we go to primary? So we had no idea where to go so we just followed all the kids. They all went in one room. Primary was so different, they had little tiny chairs and all kids 11 and under were in there so we had a little lesson about Lehi and Nephi, then we sung like 6 songs.  They asked us to stand up and sing our favorite song.  I sung Book of Mormon Stories.  Everybody laughed when they heard my name for some reason. Then we played games and drank juice and ate candy.  Then church was over, no classes. Everybody had to either shake my hand or touch me on the way out.  That was my first day at church in Africa.

1 comment:

  1. Loved hear about your first Sunday at church,I wonder why they laughed when they heard your name also, maybe you can ask them next time.

    ReplyDelete