Monday, November 11, 2013

A Happy African Halloween


It's Halloween and the Fairbourne's had a great time. We made our costumes at the very last moment. I was a headless man, Alta was a zombie bride, and Porter was a head on a plate.  Everybody thought my costume was awesome!  I know that because everyone would say "hey can I get your picture " or "oh my gosh, that's creepy" also " I thought that was real!" and stuff like that. Alta's was freaky good. She looked as scary as real zombie, I even saw a little girl look at her and run away in fright. Porter's was awesome! It had salad around his neck to make it look like dinner, and under his costume was a zombie costume so he had two costumes.
We had a party at our school. there were games, food, and drinks. but I had to take off my costume to play the games. The school was going to do a contest of the best costumes and I won!
 Later that night there was a Halloween Party by the pool at our apartment.  It was all decorated for Halloween, and everyone brought Halloween food.  We hit a piñata that looked like a pumpkin, but it wouldn't break.  Then we went trick-or-treating..  The trick and treating was not the same! It was boring. We had to stay in a straight line and be quiet to get candy. I thought there wasn't going to be any trick or treating in Africa, but I guess there is.  Petronilla, our housekeeper, never heard of Halloween and she thought it was really weird that we dressed up so scary. I hoped you guys had a Happy Halloween too!
Alta's marching the Halloween Parade

Everett Marching in the Braeburn Halloween Parade



No comments:

Post a Comment