Wednesday, November 6, 2013

West Gate Attack


About a month ago, Westgate (which is a name of a big mall in Nairobi) was attacked by group of people called the Al Shabaab.  They went in with huge guns into the Nakumett stores and started to shoot.  They kept hostages in there for about five days. The person which made this happen is a woman called the white widow. When I heard this news for the first time, it was about a month ago. It shocked me that someone would do such a thing. At school at the assemblies the teachers would give a moment of silence for those who died.  My cousins were going to come to Kenya and visit, but because of the Westgate attack, they decided not to come because their dad was worried is wasn't going to be safe. I was really sad when my cousins weren't coming, because I know its safe here.  I think it was only a one time thing in Kenya (that means you America you're their next target) I feel really safe were I am living now, but I don't feel so safe in Nakumett anymore (by the way Nakumett is a grocery store like Wal-Mart) or on the streets. My life hasn't really changed since the attacks.  Everyone seemed to be worried at home, but I wasn't worried, I was just sad. Kenya is a really nice place and I'm not afraid of dying so why not just live life how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment