Thursday, January 2, 2014

Christmas Trip to Dubai

By Porter Fairbourne

This year for Christmas break we went to Dubai.  So I was ready to go to Dubai.  We drove to the airport and we got in line and we got there really early so we had to wait. Everett bought some really gross Oreos. We finally got on the plane and then I felt so uncomfortable.  Well I did what I always do on planes, I fell asleep on my dads lap for the whole plane ride.  When we got to the Dubai airport and had to get in line.  We saw two people faint which was crazy! Then later that day, we went and hit the slopes which was pretty awesome. They had jumps and stuff and it was pretty steep for inside a mall. The mall were massive. We ate at Shake Shack a lot that week. It was the most mouth watering, stomach growling, hamburger place ever. We also went to a place I like to call Atlantis, I call it that because everybody else does and that's what it says on the sign. 
It's so cool, they have slides that go up hill and lazy rivers that are so fun they are more like rapids. We also went to a really big mosque.  It wass so cool, there were all of these gold leave poles and big chandeliers. That was fun. We had a really good time.     




2 comments:

  1. Porter, Thanks for the report of your Dubai trip. This time that you are over their is going to change the way you look at life. You will never be the same and it will be in a good way. You will understand and be more tolerant of different cultures and different people. And like your Dad you will increase your ability to see problems and figure ways to solve them. You have always been close to Alta and Evie but now you are even drawing closer. I also see you gaining in self confidence. I just think it is a great experience for you to be over there. Keep the reports coming. I love to read them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dubai has put itself well and truly on the global map over the past decade as one of the top places to visit.there are several amazing things to do in Dubai for fun, adventure, exploring and much much more.

    ReplyDelete