Thursday, January 2, 2014

Our Kenyan Christmas

By Alta Fairbourne
I got to say, I do miss Christmas back home, with the skiing and the snow and all, but Christmas here in Kenya was pretty great. It all started on Christmas eve when we stayed home.  We decorated Christmas cookies and we FaceTimed all of my wonderful cousins back home. It was awesome, I love to have the chance to talk to my cousins even if I was only saying hi. As far as I know, I stayed up very long until it was time to go to bed that tomorrow would be Christmas. I was excited but not as excited as I usually am on Christmas Eve.  It wasn't the same this year; it probably was the snow. Early that morning we realized Santa came and . . .  he gave us a box of fruity pebbles and of course a stocking full of candy. Once we looked through our stockings we opened the presents we gave each other. I ended up getting everything I wanted for Christmas. After that, as always, we had our big fancy Christmas breakfast. This year not as much, just French toast, eggs and hash browns. The rest of the day was really fun. Around noon we went to Frozen, I really enjoyed it. It was a great movie. After that Hunter's family came over, the Sebresos. We had lasagna for dinner and it was fabulous.  It was the first time I had it in a long time. We soon went swimming and I taught my self to do a back dive. After some time passed we went back inside and the Sebresos left and we watched a Christmas movie and went to bed. Well that was our Kenyan Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Alta, You always did like to eat. Of all my grandkids I think you have the widest range of tastes. You like a large variety of foods. Lucky you have such a good cook for a Mom. Thanks for telling us about how you are doing over there. I remember when Lisa and Sonny went on their missions, they started writing every month or so and I was surprised that I was getting to know more about how they were feeling when they were 1000's of miles away then when we living in the same house. The same holds true for you guys. Even though you are a long way away, I feel like I know how you are doing better than when you were living just up the hill. Love you Grandpa

    ReplyDelete