Monday, September 2, 2013

a trip to the village for my dads birthday



t was my dad's birthday, he turned 40.
In the morning we gave him our presents I'm pretty sure he loved them all.  After that we went to the village where my mom and dad used to live 14 years ago.  They had a friend named Sudi and he kept pictures of my mom, dad, and porter as a baby. He gave them to his other friend named Ali he was also friends with my mom and dad.  Ali owned a restaurant, so we ate there and it was delicious.  I ate chapati and I loved it.  After that we looked around where my mom and lived.  I thought it was really cool that my mom and dad were here 14 years ago and now they are here in Africa again.
With Ali in front of his "hoteli" (swahili for restaurant) 
Still, my dads birthday, and I cant believe he's turning 40! They grow up so fast, but 40, man that's old. So old he could be a grandpa!,  no not a grandpa.
I still cant believe that were in Africa. I learned that this is a once in a life time chance, a experience of a life time that hardly anyone gets
Many kids watched us while we ate






to have. I just think its really cool.

1 comment:

  1. Great story Everett, by the way grandma Betty was 38 when your dad was born.

    ReplyDelete