Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The food

In Africa the food is different than in America. In America, there is fast food and fountain drinks that go up to the size of a bucket. In Africa, they have simple, healthy, different, and delicious food all over Africa like chapati (flat bread, like a tortilla), maharagwe (beans), pilau (rice and meat with spices), matoke (green bananas that taste like potatoes), sima (boiled ground maize), and much more.  I love all the food here, and I love to go out to hotelis (little shack cafes) and get these things.  I love chapati and maharagwe the most and I don't really like the green bananas.  Africa has glass bottled soda everywhere like Coke, Sprite, Fanta, and more.  They have no fountain drinks anywhere and very few cans. The juice here is really good, my brothers and I always have a craving for passion juice! Some of the very fancy restaurants try to make American food, but it is really gross. One time we went to a restaurant called King James and it was a hoteli.  It cost only 5 or 6 American dollars for my whole family and I even had a cold soda with my meal and it was the best food ever! I love African food it is really good.
.

1 comment:

  1. Alta, you alway liked a variety of foods. You are one the best eater I know.
    You also gravitate to foods that are good for you like fresh fruits and vegetables. That means you are going to have a long and healthy life. Thanks for the post. We love reading them.

    ReplyDelete