Friday, September 13, 2013

THE ELECTION

I Porter Fairbourne was elected Vice Captain in House Simba at school.  So this is how it went down, I was in class when our teacher said we have a assembly meeting.  So we all got up and walked down to the assembly hall.  They told us to go to a room to decide who would be the Captains and the Vice Captain of Simba House.   At first I was pretty bored, until the teacher said, "who wants to be captain for the boys?" Then he said usually its year 10 and up so I didn't raise my hand,  but when he asked, "who wants to be vice?" Then he said again its usually year 10 and up but I still rose my hand.  He said come up all people who want to be vice and give a speech.  There were 10 of us who wanted to run. I knew I was pro in speeches so I got up there and said, "my name's Porter and I am running for Vice Captain.  I know that Simba is a great team.  We have won in a lot of things, but we lost last year in cricket and hockey, but not this year.  The other houses got nothing on us! We will beat them in every sport! Then I pointed to the sky and walked off. Everybody was clapping, my speech dominated everybody else's speech.  So the votes came down between me and a guy from Year 12 (like a junior) .  I got twice as many votes than him and I won!  I am the youngest person to ever be elected the vice captain.

                                      

2 comments:

  1. That is just amazing Porter. I am so proud of you. You are going to be great and leave your mark anywhere you go.

    ReplyDelete