Monday, June 29, 2015

Biking in Yangshou by Porter Fairbourne



After a two hour boat ride on the Li River we came to a small place call Yangshou. We walked through the narrow streets till we came to a local bike rental shop. Everyone picked out the bike they wanted and then we started on our adventure. At the first part of the bike ride we were riding on very busy streets. We had to maneuver ourselves through lots of cars, motorbikes, scooters, and people. Little Evi almost got nailed by a scooter. While biking through the city you could see lots of shops and restaurants. You could also hear the cars and scooters beeping every other second.  
we departed from the city we found ourselves cycling towards mountains that looked like a little kid drew them. In the mountains there was a lot less traffic so I sped up, leaving my family behind me. The weather was fair to us after we got off the boat but it was a little hot, so the wind on my face felt nice as I passed scooters. I let my family catch up to me and we left the smooth road to go on a different road. This road was gravely and had potholes but I can say the view was absolutely beautiful. 
 
we continued on this new road we saw locus flowers in smooth water pond. We saw fields and fields of rice farms at the foot of these peculiar mountains. Farmers were working in the rice fields with their triangle hats on, only looking up briefly to watch us go by. After my dad stopped to take some photos of us (which probably sucked because I’m really bad at taking photos) we then went on back to our car so that we could take three-hour drive back to our hotel. Then we woke up the next morning ready for another adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment