Monday, June 29, 2015

The Great Wall of China by Alta Fairbourne

When we visited Beijing in China we went to The Great Wall of China. The Chinese people are very proud of The Great Wall and it’s a big tourist attraction.  The Great Wall of China was built to protect the emperor from the Mongolians and other invaders 700 BC.  

We took a 2-hour drive to The Great Wall and then we walked up to a chairlift that we rode to the actual wall.  It was smaller then I imagined, and it was more rebuilt than I thought it was going to be. We headed left of the wall and it was so hot! We walked up and down stairs for hours. There were a lot of trees around us so it was really green. Every once in a while there would be a little tower where there were stairs to the top. I went up there and walked along the edges and everyone though I was going to fall. My dad made us stop all the time for pictures and videos so it took a while to get back. The wall had so many twists and turns ups and downs and it even went on the very edges and tops of the mountains. It’s incredible how the Chinese built it!


 On our way back to the car we got to to take an alpine slide down! It was really long, but there was a really slow person in front of me so I had to go really slow. It turned out not as fun as I could have been.I wanted to go fast! At the end of the day we were pooped, its hard walking stairs in the hot sun!  

1 comment: