Monday, June 29, 2015

The Terracotta Warriors by Everett Fairbourne



Our next destination in China was Xian, home of the Terracotta Warriors.  The Terracotta Warriors were built a long, long time ago, when the Emperor wanted protection in the after life, so he had a large group build him the warriors. They buried the warriors with his tomb. Later, some ambushers came and destroyed some of the Terracotta warriors. Many years later a farmer discovered a warrior while digging a well. Now he just hangs out at the museum and gives autographs. There are people at the museum that are archeologists, their job is to put the warriors that were broken back together, piece by piece. I would kill myself if I got that job. Over all the Terracotta Warriors are pretty cool. My favorite warrior was, the officer, he may be no general but he’s tough. So I bought a mini him. 

.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the history lesson and the good laugh funny guy.

    ReplyDelete